Saturday, June 21, 2008

having fun....

I have been a scrapbooking machine this last week!! It has been soooo much fun.
I think I may have permanent ink stains on my hand...and I don't care. :)


Me, Dad, Kori and Kaleb. I've had this photo forever...but couldn't decide what I wanted to do or say. Finally...I just sat down and journaled...and the rest just sort of came together. I'm in LOVE with that buttery yellow color.



Awww...when I saw this paper...I immediately thought of Dalton. I love how the the little sprockets look when you cut them out!!!

I may have mentioned this once or twice or a hundred times before, but I love me some Converse....and I dearly want to pass this obsession on to my nephew. LOL. So...every year on his birthday, me and C get him a new pair.

Side note about the sprockets. The company I worked at forever (where I met C...and he still works) manufactures sprockets. We have a couple of actual metal sprockets...and they make really cute candle holders.

Some Cards....





Look at the little chick. A little play on words...if you will....for a friends baby shower this weekend...who here in a few weeks will have a baby chick of her own! I am trying to finish up the album I made for her...hope to get that posted tomorrow. It's so cute and girly.


Again with the sprocket. They are so fun!

Ok...and now I'm going to share my most favorite thing of all. It's super simple...but I love, love, love it.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a blog with the cutest quilt. I just started my first quilt last year...so I have this thing for quilts now. Anyway, I saved a picture from her blog (which I will share a link to/and the pic as soon as I find it!). I'm determined to one day make the quilt, but for now.... I created the paper version!!

I thought about finishing it off with some stitching...but I'm not sure...I kinda like it like this. I do want to make another one...and frame it with a big chunky black frame. What do y'all think?

K...we are off to look at some houses (this never gets old, by the way). Then...I seriously need to finish up that baby album tonight!!!!

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

Nancyroo said...

cool, love the LO's! good luck!

Unknown said...

Dear - I love the scrapbook pages - so awesome! I lost your email or I would have emailed you, but eating out was one of mine and Brant's biggest issues before and now during our marraige. The best things to do is find out HOW you like to cook then go from there - meaning I love to cook with my crockpot so I try to cook that way as much as I can.

In order to save time and money, I always plan my weekly "menu" before I go to the store. It saves time because I used to find myself sitting at my desk wondering what I would cook for dinner, then always going to the grocery store on my way home...I felt like I was at the grocery store more than my own house. But it also saves you money because you don't buy things you don't need. It really works great. I find out what nights Brant and I will both be home (since he has school and stuff), plan my menu for those nights, check my pantry to see what I already have, then make my grocery list - it's really a great little system.

Sherri said...

cute cards. and the Cogsmo paper is soooo perfect for those pictures!