Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Life is good.

Blogging while I wait on CS3 to load. I'm so impatient.
But...I'm so excited to get to play again! Lots of fun things planned for the next few weeks.

I have been such a busy girl the last few weeks.

It's amazing how one day you can feel like you've hit rock bottom, and the next you are literally better off than you have ever been. I had been in such a slump for what seemed like forever. I had some great things happen to me last year (getting engaged, graduating, etc), but I think after I lost my grandmother, my heart broke and never fully got put back together.

I was questioning pretty much every major decision I had made in the past year or so. It was a struggle just to be happy, and I felt like I was constantly sick. My hair was falling out, and my body was always really sore (and you know I wasn't working out). Then I got the flu...ugh, the flu. I never experienced the flu before this year...and had no idea how icky it was. I didn't get out of bed for like 6 days...except to go to the doctor. I didn't read. I didn't eat. I didn't sleep. I just sort of laid there, worrying about everything, coughing, and praying. I prayed that I would get better (not just over the flu...but better in general). I knew I needed to start working out, eating better, lighten my load at school, etc. I really just prayed for a sign...anything...and I would follow it. Oh...and I prayed that the sign would knock me on my butt....because I think I miss a lot of "signs".

I got my sign. And it knocked me flat on my butt...and then hurt my heart. It stayed that way for about 2 days. And then...it was gone. And I can't even describe how much better my life is.

I was losing 100+ strands of hair in the mornings getting ready for work. That stopped about a week ago. I lost about 5 this morning...and I have all these cute little baby hairs growing in. Grow baby grow!

I've lost about 5 lbs. in 2 weeks. Me and C are walking a couple of miles almost everyday. I am trying to eat better (and WAY less).

I've been blessed enough to have the most understanding Professors this semester. I am finally caught up on all my homework. And, the course load issues have been successfully dealt with.

I've had some nice financial treats the past few weeks. My finances have always been a fear factor for me. I was terrified that losing my income would cause a lot of issues with the wedding and house hunt. And...it really hasn't.

I get to pick Dalton up from mothers day out. I can't even describe the feeling I get when he spots me and comes running across the room and up into my arms. That's the beauty of children. They have such an unconditional love. It's the purest form. They love you because you are there. Imagine if adults behaved in such a way.

Having fun creating again. Lots of fun opportunities presenting themselves. I could totally get down with the whole freelance thing. I'm just saying.

I was out running some errands today, and the weather was unbelievable. It wasn't really hot, and not really cold, and the clouds that were rolling in were creating the perfect color sky. I had my windows rolled down, and my favorite cd playing my favorite song....and I couldn't help but think...life is good.

Life is good.

0 comments: