Tuesday, October 18, 2005

hey y'all

What's goin on folks? Not too too much here. Just getting ready for the show this weekend, finishing up loose ends and stuff. Also...some other projects with some incredibly fast approaching deadlines...eek!!

I got some very sad news Sunday. My aunt, who is only 47 years old, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is one of the healthiest people I know...she watches what she eats...does cardio and pilates reg. That's what totally sucks about cancer ... most specifically ... breast cancer ... it doesn't care. But...there is hope. Science and technology are so much better than they were even 5 years ago. She and my uncle, along with the team (doctors, nurses, etc) that will be working with her are nothing but optimistic. She caught it early, she is a healthy woman, and SHE WILL COME OUT OF THIS STRONGER!!!!

It really is hard to digest information like that though. I just was so sad Sunday. It's like I couldn't think of anything else. So scared, angry and confused. Why? Why do good, healthy, young people get cancer? However, after just letting it sink in...and some serious praying and meditations...I am better. I am full of faith, and I refuse to let go of it. In fact, it is my personal mission to help keep her's restored!!!

Which, incidentally, got me thinking. Why wait for something like this to move me? Why not make someone's day a little brighter everyday...just because? I challenge you!! (and me!)

On another note...I have reached my breaking point. I've just about had it with the reflection in the mirror. I have constantly struggled, both with trying to lose the weight...and with trying to accept who I am. I have been semi-successful on both ends....but never at the same time.

SO...I am rejoining WW tonight. I am meeting my aunt (a different aunt) who has lost 35lbs and counting. I am super excited...and ready for the road ahead of me. It feels different this time...like I am not looking forward to "cheat" days or how I will work in the points for a large coke. I am ready...I am willing...and I promise you that by this time next year (and hopefully sooner) I will be HOT! Prepare yourselves! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, I'll pray for her. Kuddos to you for joining WW. Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt. And good luck with WW!

Brynne said...

I don't know if you remember me or not from the TC Scrappers thread but i just wanted to say hi!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. She's lucky to have a niece like you behind her though!

Congrats on rejoining WW! I just started again myself. I feel the same way you do, it's somehow different this time. Good luck!! :D