Monday, May 14, 2007

Interviewed!!!

So I'm pretty much the worst blogger here lately.
In my defense....things have been undeniably hectic.
But...
I finally graduated!!! Last Friday, 10 years of hard work (lol...well maybe 2 years of really hard work...and and 6 on and off of semi-hard work) paid off.
My sweet family threw me an awesome party...in my choice of colors: pink black and white.

The cake table.

Me and my adorable brother.

My diploma holder. Yay.

And...my cake. So stinkin CUTE! My family calls me Rene...so that is actually my cake...not some random girl. :)

You may notice the lack of graduation pictures...or pictures of the party with me in them.
That is because they are frightening. I wanted to cry when I went through them. I think in the midst of this last year (being the hardest of them all) I just sort of gave up on weight loss or even healthy eating/exercise. It shows.

But...tomorrow we start again. A lot of my family (mother, aunts, and cousins) is joining weight watchers (again). We know the program works...and it is soooo much easier when have other people to talk to about it. Plus...for the few who live local...it's a great way to spend some time together!

We are all trying to get in shape and skinny, and of course healthy...for different reasons. Most of them are completely vain..but at least we are honest. I am trying to lose weight......

TO FIT IN A WEDDING DRESS!!!!!
because I'm (finally) engaged!!!!!!!!!!

And in fitting with this...my sweet friend nichole interviewed me and of course, a few of the questions are about my wedding :)

1. when is the wedding date??!! ;)
We are looking at March of next year. We have a bunch of ideas for what we want in the service and reception...so now we just need to find the places and check availability. I'm thinking possibly March 22...but nothing is set in stone...yet.
2. now that you're about to be a married lady, what are looking forward to the most?
Starting our lives together. I mean, we have been together forever (almost 7 years), but it is so much different now that we are engaged, if that makes sense. We don't live together...and so while we are super close, we still very much have a "dating" relationship. I can't wait to have our own house.
3. if you could live anywhere, where would it be & why?
I love Texas. I honestly don't know if I would ever live (full time) anywhere else. I'm not sure if this is something that everyone feels for their homestate...but Texas is pretty much the coolest place I have ever been. I love the Austin area and the Hill Country (outside of San Antonio), but here in Dallas/Fort Worth is home. That being said, I wouldn't turn down a summer home in Cape Cod or any Island.
4. what are do feel most accomplished about so far in life?
Graduating. Seriously. I never thought I would. I quit when I got a full time job at the age of 21. I went back when I was 24, and it has been a huge deal. I nearly quit a million times after that. But, by the grace of God....I finished. And, now I'm going to Grad school.
5. scrapping. how did you find this aaaaamazing hobby?!
At a CM party about 7 years ago. The next weekend I found a scrapbook store...and that was all it took. I often wonder what my life would be like I had I not went to that party. I mean....I changed my major to graphic design because of my love of photography and scrapbook design. I even work for a scrapbook manufacturer now!!!

Thanks Nichole!!! That was fun!
Ok, so if you want me to interview you...just leave a comment saying "interview me".

4 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Congrats on your graduation and engagement!!! How awesome is that !

Norma Kennedy said...

Congratulations Girly ! You have a lot going on. Enjoy the engagement and Best Wishes !

Norma (localocairis)

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats!!! So exciting

Anonymous said...

I haven't been in blogging land in a while and this morning I was thinking...hmm, wonder how Tricia's graduation went, wonder if she's engaged yet, wonder, wonder, wonder. And then I came downstairs to look because I couldn't stand it! And look - Graduated: Congrats and ENGAGED: so excited for you!!!!!! Awesome!