Sunday, June 12, 2005

*loOk aT uS*

I have had a hard week. There was a death in the family. My grandfather is sick. A 10 year friendship is ending right before my eyes. I just found out that I will not graduate in December..and may not even graduate till next August (due to some silly clause about how many of my hours have to be upper level...nevermind the fact that I will be otherwise qualified to graduate). I missed the opportunity to earn some extra money this weekend. And, this morning was the farewell service to the Pastor I have had for the last 12 years (his leaving is the reason I have been desperately looking for a new church home).

In his service this morning ... about the same time I decided that I'm not a "pretty" crier (hello sobs and snorts!) ... Pastor Ken quoted the incomparable C.S. Lewis "The pain now is part of the happiness then. That's the deal."

Powerful Stuff!!!

However...I'm felling a lot better this afternoon. My spirits are lifting. I've got a lot to be thankful for ... a lot to be happy about.

Anyways...here are some silly pics of me & megan this weekend. Goofy Girls!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comments:

Amber said...

awe. girl i'm sorry for your loss and your really really bad week. that is horrible. i will keep ya in my thoughts....